Liposuction (or lipoplasty) in Monterrey Mexico is a body-sculpting procedure to remove fat that is unresponsive to dieting and exercising.
Liposuction removes excess fatty tissue, restoring more proportional body shape and curves. For many people, all the exercising and dieting in the world can’t get rid of the extra bulges caused by a lifetime of weight fluctuations, pregnancy or genetic factors.
Monterrey Mexico liposuction patients have achieved their body contouring goals with this trusted and popular procedure. View Photo Gallery
Liposuction is used effectively to reduce love handles, saddlebags, a double-chin, a bulge around the waistline, or other unsightly fatty deposits in order to develop a better shape and create a more beautiful body.
Is Liposuction Right for You?
While liposuction at our Monterrey Mexico practice is not a replacement for a healthy lifestyle, it can make you look and feel better.
During the procedure, Dr. Josue Lara Ontiveros uses a specially-designed surgical instrument known as a cannula to break up and remove excess pockets of fat. The procedure requires only small incisions and, with modern techniques, swelling and bruising during the recovery period can be minimized.
It is important for plastic surgery patients to remember that this procedure is meant for body contouring and is not a treatment for obesity. You need to be close to your body weight to be an ideal candidate.
Liposuction Recovery Timeline
- First day moderately uncomfortable, especially when changing positions.
- Day 2-3, tenderness rapidly resolves. Move around the house without difficulty and able to take care of self.
- Within five days, patients usually return to work although no strenuous work or activity is allowed.
- Within two weeks, if everything is healing nicely, patients can return to full strenuous activity and exercise.
- Over your lifetime, continue with diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle.
- Resume normal activity after 4-6 weeks.
Learn More About Liposuction
Learn more about liposuction in Monterrey Plastic Surgery by contacting the office of board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Josue Lara Ontiveros. Our plastic surgery office is located in the Doctors Hospital. Call (811) 365.9167 in Monterrey Mexico to inquire about a consultation.